Friday, May 2, 2008

The Bridal Path: Leigh & Scott's Story

They say timing is everything. When Leigh and Scott first met, the timing couldn't have been worse. Leigh had just moved to town to escape an abusive marriage, and Scott was in a relationship of his own. Eventually, they finally got the timing right, and were able to be together.

Here is a snipet from "
The Bridal Path: Leigh & Scott's Story:"


“We never dated in a conventional sense,” Scott adds. “Our situations were so complicated that to this day, we had never even gone to a movie together, but it didn't matter. My favorite date was and is any and every time that I get to spend with her. It is strange, we're married, we live together (obviously), we work together and I still feel like I don't get to spend enough time with her. Her presence stimulates and excites me like no one I've ever been with or have ever known.”


Leigh and Scott certainly weren’t looking for love when love found them.


“She makes me a better me,” he says. “She is my equal in most things, my better in the rest. I respect her. I listen to what she says because even when I disagree there is value in what she says and it always makes me think. I can't imagine my life without her. She recharges me, refills me, nurtures me. She gives when I need and takes when she needs and it just all seems to make sense.”


“Scott, in many ways, is my perfect type,” Leigh explains. “The guy I always crushed on. When I was younger and uninterested in marriage or life-long partners, I always dated good guys. Somewhere along the line, as I got older, I seemed to pick bad men. But Scott is the best. Nobody is perfect—certainly, I’m not, but I couldn’t ask for a better mate. He is my person and best friend.”

No comments: